No Flow on new Jandy Aquapure SWG

wuthrirc

May 16, 2019
Wichita Falls, TX
Pool builder added 400 pounds of salt one week ago (pool was 1 month old at that time). Brushed well and set chlorine production rate to 100% on Jandy Aquapure model PLC 1400 SW system. Ran pump for 48 hours straight and have been running 18 hours per day since. When I test for FC, the reading is always .5 or 1. Texted the pool builder and he said not to worry. But from what I have read here, the FC should be between 1 and 3. When I check the readings on the Aqualink, sometimes the "CELL ON" and "FLOW" lights are green. Sometimes, "CELL REVERSING" is also on. However, many times when I check, the only light that is on is "POWER ON" and the display says "Chlorine Production 100% No Flow". If the pump is running and the chlorine production rate is set to 100%, shouldn't there always be flow? Service light is never on and Salinity is usually 3.4 or 3.5

crabboy

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 24, 2007
Suwanee, GA
Welcome to the Jandy Aquapure 1400 club. I get the no flow errors all the time and I've had them on and off for years. I used to replace the flow sensor and it would help for a bit, but it would always return.

I had the older square one for years and it had that problem a few times. That one cracked one winter, maybe 3 years ago and I got the round-ish one they have now. This one has a weird box inline with the sensor wire that has two buttons on it. I think they did this to combat this very problem, but I'm not sure. Either way, I too get the no flow error with the new cell and sensor too. The new cell, the no flow comes and goes, and with the unit set at about 30% it maintains my FC at about 2.5. If I'm outside working, I'll hear the control box beeping now and then, and if I bother to look the error code is usually no flow.

I know this isn't what you wanted to hear, but you should take it up with you PB.

I keep thinking that one day I'll try to figure out how to hotwire it to think waters always flowing, but I haven't gotten there yet.

wuthrirc

May 16, 2019
Wichita Falls, TX
Welcome to the Jandy Aquapure 1400 club. I get the no flow errors all the time and I've had them on and off for years. I used to replace the flow sensor and it would help for a bit, but it would always return.

I had the older square one for years and it had that problem a few times. That one cracked one winter, maybe 3 years ago and I got the round-ish one they have now. This one has a weird box inline with the sensor wire that has two buttons on it. I think they did this to combat this very problem, but I'm not sure. Either way, I too get the no flow error with the new cell and sensor too. The new cell, the no flow comes and goes, and with the unit set at about 30% it maintains my FC at about 2.5. If I'm outside working, I'll hear the control box beeping now and then, and if I bother to look the error code is usually no flow.

I know this isn't what you wanted to hear, but you should take it up with you PB.

I keep thinking that one day I'll try to figure out how to hotwire it to think waters always flowing, but I haven't gotten there yet.
Thanks very much for the reply. At least you are getting more chlorine production even though you get "No Flow"!

mknauss

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Bronze Supporter
May 3, 2014
Laughlin, NV
A truly unsafe practice. SWCG's do explode if run without water running through them.