No Flow on new Hayward aqua rite low salt chlorine generator for above ground pool

Cannelle

Jul 29, 2019
Quebec, Canada
I have a new above ground swimming pool with a Hayward aqua rite low salt chlorine generator. There is no flow switch installed. The pool store where I bought the pool and equipment, and that installed everything, said that a flow switch is not needed when the chlorine generator is installed on an above ground pool. However, I cannot get it to work. I get a constant red light at “no flow”.

Diagnostic Displays
Sequential pushes of the small “diagnostic” button next to the LCD display will cause the Aqua Trol
to display the following information:
1. Pool temperature (xx degrees Fahrenheit or Celsius)
2. Cell voltage (typically 22.0 to 26.0 volts when chlorine is being generated, otherwise 30-35V)
3. Cell current (typically 2.50 to 4.00 amps when chlorine is being generated, otherwise 0 amps)
4. Desired Output % (“0P” -- “100P” depending on knob position )
5. Instant salinity ( -xxxx ppm or -x.xx grams/Liter)
6. Product name sent to the display (“AL-6” signifies “Aqua Trol” (STD), (“AL-7” signifies “Aqua Trol Return-Jet”)
7. Software revision level (r1.xx)

On the 8th push of the button the display will revert back to the default salt display. Also, if the button is not pushed for 30 seconds, the display will revert back to the standard salt display.

If the setting is AL-6, the box requires a flow switch. Setting AL-7 is return jet and does not use a flow switch.

The box model number should be on the inside of the door.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.