No combined chlorine

Hello,

My PH is 7.2
Free Chlorine is 5.5
Combined Chlorine is 0.0
CH is 280
TA is 110

35,000 gallon pool.

I have shocked my pool twice. Once with Non chlorine shock 8 lbs and once with 8 gallons of 11 percent Chlorine.
I do not know what to do. Please help. Thanks

Welcome! :wave: No combined chlorine is fine. CC is a residual product when free chlorine is processing organics from the water. We actually do not like to see it go over 0.5, so you're in good shape. Is there another concern? No algae I hope?

Don't forget to update your signature with all of your pool and equipment info so we know what you have there. Please include which test kit you have as well.

If you want some CC, just go pee into the pool. But test for it soon after because sunlight eliminates a lot of it.

You're still dealing with algae because you haven't killed it all. Depending on your CYA level, you might not have killed any. This is a battle to the death.,What you're doing is hitting it and knocking it down and then letting it get back up. You can't do that. You must hit it again and again and kick it when it's down until it's all gone. We called this cage-match the SLAM Process There are full instructions in that article.

Here's an overview:

Reactions: Kush
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.