No Cl, No CYA, Green pool, need help!

Only 2.5 days of slamming is not nearly long enough to worry about clarifiers. All you need is chlorine and time.

What She Said GIF by The Free Mama

Clarifier is a bandaid that gums up your filter & makes things look ok when they are not
Continue with slam
For a successful SLAM Process
you need to continue to MAINTAIN Slam level fc for your cya until you meet ALL 3 end of slam criteria-

You are done when:

CC is 0.5 or lower;
You pass an Overnight Chlorine Loss Test
AND
the water is clear.
(Crystal Clear w/no algae dead or alive)

*Check & scrub every nook & cranny where algae may hide (light niches, steps, drain covers, ladder handrails, skimmer throats/weirs, etc.)
*Run slam level water through all water features & lines for at least a couple hours a day during the SLAM Process.
*Brush & or vac daily (this breaks up biofilms that algae uses to protect itself from chlorine)
*Backwash/clean filter when pressure rises 25%over clean pressure.

No shortcuts

Only 2.5 days of slamming is not nearly long enough to worry about clarifiers. All you need is chlorine and time.
If it helps convince you my pool is literally surrounded with trees and leaves and acorns and bugs and squirrels and turtles and rabbits and spiders and probably some other things I haven’t even discovered yet and I’ve never needed to use a clarifier. ;)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.