No Chorine this morning

Hopefully that is what it was, but as mentioned above ensure your FC level remains up above the minimum level at all times. Because IF you don't already have algae growing in there, which you very well could have with the low FC levels, you definitely will if the chlorine level continues to be allowed to drop below minimum.

Let us know what your numbers are in the morning. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it was nothing serious with the SWG.

Have a wonderful and safe Labor Day.

Hopefully that is what it was, but as mentioned above ensure your FC level remains up above the minimum level at all times. Because IF you don't already have algae growing in there, which you very well could have with the low FC levels, you definitely will if the chlorine level continues to be allowed to drop below minimum.

Let us know what your numbers are in the morning. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it was nothing serious with the SWG.

Have a wonderful and safe Labor Day.

Fairly certain it all has to do with operator error....with all of your help, I will get it figured out..then with my brain as a sieve...I will promptly forget it all...sux being 60.

LOL Hey I'm with ya on the memory deal. I downloaded an app called "Notes" that I now have in my phone that is so convenient. As long as I don't forget to put something on my list, or in a note, it seems to help. Well I say that, but actually I do pretty good with it as long as I don't walk out of the house, and forget my phone which I Have done a few times too lol. :(

Monday morning readings

FC - 6
CC - 0
pH- 7.8 to 8.2
CYA - 70
CH - 250
TA - 70
Salt - 3770 (strip) 3350 (display panel)

The only thing I have done besides test is to tie some stabilizer in a stocking and hang it in the skimmer.

I know I need to do an OCLT, but wanted to see if chlorinator is working first...or try...I have to go and get some bleach....too lazy last night!!

I purchased some of those tablets and a dispenser yesterday (3 inch) anticipating that I might need them when I leave town at the end of this week. Should I go ahead and start using them?

Tuesday morning FC is 8. I didn't check other levels...I am going to try to find out more about how my SWG works today.....it is still set to super chlorinate.

My son complained about the overwhelming smell of chlorine last night while swimming....

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Tuesday, 9/8

FC 8.0
CC - 0
CYA 75
pH - 7.8 to 8.2 ( I am really having trouble getting an exact reading) I am using the small kit in the blue box that came with the kit I ordered from trouble free pools. Suggestions?
Salt - 3200

I took out the sock with the stabilizer in it....there was almost as much there as I put in yesterday...as far as I can tell. Do I throw that away or can it be used later?

That pH test is as good as any (within a reasonable price). You will get accustomed to it the more you use it. Understand you may never get it perfect but you will get much better with a few more tests. I always ask my wife to verify what I think it is....we split the difference if we disagree.

the colors going from low pH to high pH are....
yellow 6.8 and lower
yellow orange 7.0
orange 7.2
orange red 7.4-7.5
red 7.6-7.8
red violet 8.0
violet 8.2 and higher

It will lower TA but that's usually okay. The SWG is probably what's driving up the pH. A lower TA has helped me keep my pH in check. All pools are different but it's worth a try. And the spray bar will drive it up, too.

Acid will lower your TA a bit too.... But it is a false low because as the PH creeps up the TA will too. That said your TA is perfect at 70 right now. When done fixing your PH test your Alkalinity... You might need a little backing soda, but target 70 again.

What NETWizz is correct. I just find that mine is better if it's lower. Since I'm not on plaster or anything like that I don't even consider S.I. I just let TA go where it wants to. When I last tested mine it was around 40.

I took out the sock with the stabilizer in it....there was almost as much there as I put in yesterday...as far as I can tell. Do I throw that away or can it be used later?
You can use it later....just let it dry out. You were very smart to take it out. :goodjob:

For now, just keep your pH in the 7's and do not worry about your TA. You can sort that out later.

Gigi, I want to tell you how proud I am of you. You have come such a long way, and are doing a wonderful job at figuring it all out.

Well done Gigi. Keep up the great job, and have a wonderful day. :).

EDIT: Also Gigi on reading the FC colors if you place a plain white piece of paper (like printer paper) behind it sometimes that will help make it easier to read it too.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.