No Chorine this morning

Gigi, I want to tell you how proud I am of you. You have come such a long way, and are doing a wonderful job at figuring it all out.

Well done Gigi. Keep up the great job, and have a wonderful day. :).

EDIT: Also Gigi on reading the FC colors if you place a plain white piece of paper (like printer paper) behind it sometimes that will help make it easier to read it too.

Thanks!

Big jump in FC this morning. I turned down the percentage on the Intellichlor when I found this number.
Here are today's numbers....
FC - 14
CC - 0
pH - 7.8
CYA 60

I will take a reading tonight and see what it says then.....I think the SWG is working though!

You're welcome. :) Yes, it appears the SWG is in fact doing it's job now. Go SWG!!! LOL I'm really glad it wasn't broken.

REMINDER: The pH reading will NOT be accurate with a FC above 10ppm, so don't add anything to adjust the pH because odds are it is merely reading high because of the 14ppm FC level at the moment. Have a wonderful day.

Readings for 9/10

FC - 16
CYA - 80

I have adjusted the SWG to 50% from 65% this morning and once again removed the stabilizer sock.

I will be leaving town soon and need to have time to prepare the pool for my absence. I purchased 3 inch pucks and a dispenser. The last time I will have to work on the pool is Friday and will need a day to purchase other items if needed as I live in the sticks. My plan was to use the pucks as earlier suggested and hope for the best. Should I add salt, stabilizer, muriatic acid?

I didn't test other levels this morning as the chlorine is so high and my understanding is that pH might not be accurate.

Please advise...and thank you!

Since your SWG is now working. There is no need for anything else. CYA is good and until FC gets below 10 you can't easily test for pH. So, there really isn't much needed a this point as far as I can see. With a CYA of 80 you really want to stay away from the pucks as much as possible.

CrackerJack might have different suggestions for you, but I was available so I thought I might offer my assistance.

Thank you! If the CYA goes down again...like it did a couple of days ago...to 60...should I use the pucks? or should I just return them and get my money back. I can leave a gallon of bleach for someone to put in if they detect low chlorine....

Really, for 98% of pools, the CYA never goes down on it's own. If I see changes like that I attribute them to testing error. What helps me is I pour the mixture back into the little bottle and then drip it into the dot vial again. I do this a few times until I get a consistent number for a few in a row. That might help you too.

- - - Updated - - -

As far as the pucks go. I would take them back. If your CYA ever does need bumping, you can just use the granules from the big box stores.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
How much bleach you add at a time?

I used the pool math chart and added whatever it told me to add. Usually somewhere around two cups. All this has changed now...as I have determined that my SWG works fine and if anything I have too much chlorine.

- - - Updated - - -

Returned from trip..pool clear...that is awesome!!

Water tests show

FC- 20
CC - 0
TC - 20
CYA - 80

I didn't do the rest of the tests because the chlorine is still so high.
Advise?

Just a quick note: As long as your FC is under shock level and all other criteria are good, you can swim. For you CYA of 80 that means under 31 is okay.
It is recommended that you not use your best suit, just in case :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.