No algae but no chlorine reading. TC=0.31 ph=7.4 Alk=107 Calc=145 CA=101 Iron=0.1 Copper=0 Phos=4000

Above ground 18x34x52 sand filter
CYA=95 is not optimal but has come down from draining and filling. Here are my current levels here at 6pm EST New York:
FC=3.21
pH-7.6
ALK-100
I know i have to keep the chlorine on the higher side bc of the high CYA. So my question is how much sod hypo 12% do i add each night to keep the levels where they need to be for the current situation? 3-5ppm ok? Dont wanna nuke the kids. temps here on LI will be 88-90 next two days. I want to stay in range.

guess ill keep draining and filling to get that CYA down. it goes down about 5ppm a week
That maybe true, but remember that you can’t ‘see’ values between the 10s. It’s looks like you can, but you can’t. :) If every other week it drops the full 10 then adjust your targets, but keep the targets in the higher bracket on the in-between week.

That maybe true, but remember that you can’t ‘see’ values between the 10s. It’s looks like you can, but you can’t. :) If every other week it drops the full 10 then adjust your targets, but keep the targets in the higher bracket on the in-between week.
Thank you so much. I cant wait for everything to be in range so i can be at peace. lol. oh and it turns out my kit is the taylor test kit and i also have the taylor test for stabilizer. been using this kit for years, ive never used strips. I even have a fancy kit to test my fish tank water.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.