Nirvana Heat Pump Problem

fusioninfo

May 19, 2019
canada
Hello! We have here a 80k btu nirvana heat pump (nirvanahp.com) thats been made in 2018. It stopped working, and nirvana said that there was sand that went into the heat pump by a failure in the filter, and thats what damaged the unit. They said not under warranty, and that the sand damaged the heat exchanger.

However, the heat exchanger is a dual coil titanium, and ive opened it up, it showed no signs of corrosion or failure in any way.

Ive purchased this unit from the guy who got the warranty denied by nirvana. The scroll compressor made by copeland show 0 ohms on each coil to gnd and there is no gas in the system.

Im wondering, did nirvana pull a fast one on him? Why did that unit die after 3 months of use (purchased may 2018), can a bit of sand do that? In my logic, if sand goes into the exchanger, well worst case it’s gonna restrict water flow, causing a flow switch error, and heating would just stop. The compressor gas line is a closed circuit, and since there is no damage at all (visible) to the coil in the exchanger, whats the deal? I dont get it.

If im off track please correct me, just a diy’er here trying to fix/understand things. Thanks!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.