Bgarson

Jul 22, 2021
Orlando, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
We just opened our 15000-gallon pool five weeks ago. Started with a pool company for weekly cleaning and maintenance but quickly discovered multiple deficiencies. Moving forward will be handling the pool maintenance ourselves. The finish on the pool is pebble tech, and during the curing process, there was a significant spike in PH levels which led to some dirt scaling in the deep end. This has improved; however, not 100%. Overall, the water clarity is fantastic, but I want to make sure levels are in line. This is my first K-2006C test, and I was looking for some feedback from the community. Also thinking about getting an SWG as we are currently using liquid. Any recommendations would be very appreciated.

FC: 3.2Pool_Updated.jpg
TA: 50
CYA: 72
PH: 7.4
CH: 180
Temp: 88

20210725_142430.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to TFP! :wave: Overall good numbers. A few items of interest:
1 - Are you using chlorine tablets? If so, remove them right away. They increase CYA and lower the pH and TA. Stick to liquid chlorine for your FC.
2 - Your CH is a bit low. I would increase it to at least 250.
3 - Increase the FC as well. Look at the FC/CYA Levels. Find your current CYA (let's call it 70) and the appropriate FC level to be at.
4 - No lower for the TA. If you need to increase it in the near future, a little baking soda is all you need to get it around 60-70.

For FC testing, use a 10 ml water sample with ONE generous scoop of power. Stir and count drops until clear, then divide in half. Example - 20 drops equals an FC of 10. That's it!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.