Newly installed SWG shows no power but strange readings on display

frannorm01

May 25, 2021
macon, ga
I installed a new aftermarket PCB on my Hayward Goldline SWG last night. The old one was operational but acting up so figured it was time to replace after 14 years of great operation. Installed perfectly, rechecked all connections. My pump is set at 230 and the new SWG came already set for that. Connected flow wire to unit and salt cell to unit. Turned on power. No LED's were lit up!! Display showed water temp and some odd numbers that made Zero sense.
I placed the old unit back in and it is operational but needs to be replaced. Could it be that the new PCB was bad??? Ideas???

Welcome to TFP.

It could be a bad board. There is no telling about the quality control in after market parts.

If you want to hookup the board again then post a complete set of diagnostic information from the display. And post pics of the new board installed. Maybe we will see where you connected somethings wrong.

Where did you get this after market board from?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.