Newer pentair booster pump not turning on

Dec 19, 2013
Hey there -

We have a pentair plc that doesn’t seem to be allowing the pentair booster pump to turn on. The pressure of the filter is 20psi and the pump is 1 year old. When we turn on the cleaner we hear the switch click on the board but there is no response or even hum from the booster pump. Any ideas where I should start with my troubleshooting? My immediate thought is maybe the psi is too high (clean main filter) or maybe a capacitor/electrical issue?

It is not a filter issue. Get out your multimeter and check if you have AC power at the pump.

Thank you for the reply! Checking with the multimeter this weekend.
If the capacitor is toast, would anyone have an idea as to what part to replace it with? pentair’s “zbr39340” kit is on back order everywhere until December.

slightly googling leads me to believe a “MARS 12718 35 MD 370v pool and spa” might work?

appreciate any other intel you awesome folk may have to share. Have a great weekend!

See what markings are on the capacitor when you open it up.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.