Tulsa, OK
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Autopilot Total Control PPC4
Okay, be first to admit, I am kinda lost on where to start on my first pool.

Used the TF-Pro Salt and got the following:

FC - No register
PH - >8.2
TA - 110
CH - 200
CYA - 20
Salt Test - 800 ppm
Autopilot says I need 285 lbs of salt.
Water Temp: 68F

What is my next proper steps to take to get this back on track? I presume get the salt added and get it moving along. Do I need to add liquid chlorine to help speed it up or let the Salt I add slowly help it out? the cell I have can do 1.92 lbs/day of chlorine. Pool math says put it at 8% and let run for 62 hours (assuming once I get the salt put in the water).

I have read through the ABC's pool school, but grasping at it each time I go back.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Mike

Hey there.... whenever you start a SWG not only do you need the appropriate amount of salt totally dissolved in the water, but your FC should be at the level of ppm that you desire to maintain.

So you need to up that with some liquid chlorine, until your salt level is up (turn the SWG off at this point, never have it powered on while dissolving large quantities of salt). After a day or so of mixing the salt up, turn the salt cell back on and let it maintain your salt.

You also need to up your CYA to at least 70ppm. Make sure to use the sock method, and follow the CYA/FC chart to know how much FC to maintain with that amount of CYA. You can do this all at the same time as the salt and liquid chlorine since it will be in a sock hanging over the edge in front of a return.

After adding all those things use some muriatic acid to lower your pH to about 7.6. You can do that in steps if you desire. Some folks find the SWG encourages a pH rise...but mine doesn't. My pH likes to hang at 7.8.

Maddie :flower:

Hey YippeeSkippy, thanks!

on the SWG, it is powered on with the main pump, same breaker...i dug through the DIG-220 manual and did not see anything about turning off the generator....is it common to just disconnect the plug from the cell? I will keep digging through the manual and see what I can come up with on getting the pump to circulate while the cell is powered down.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.