Newbie please help

Hi all
We moved into our property, about a month back....and it has a beautiful,good sized, concrete pool....a bit old one though. When we opened the cover the water was total brown :( we called the pool guys and they drained out all the water and did an acid and powerwash to the pool. it looked great after that and then we filled the pool. Yesterday the pool guys came in and started the pump and told us that only one skimmer is working (we have two skimmers for the pool). Also the heater and polaris pump are not working. The pool guys also added the liquid shock yesterday evening around 7pm and we took the water for testing today to a pool store.
The values are as below:
FAC - 0
TAC - 0
CH - 10
CYA - 0
TA - 60
pH - 7.6
COPPER - 0
IRON - 0
TDS - 196
Pho - 1000

We were asked to add the necessary minerals. which we bought

The main problem that i am facing now is
I tried vacuuming the pool with a manual vacuum head. The pool guy asked me to keep my DE filter setting to "waste" when i vaccum the pool so that the debris get out of the pool system. A few minutes into the vaccum i saw the water turning crystal clear green. I am able to see the floor on the deep end but the water color went from clear blue to green :( .

We added ​TA - alkalinity up - 16lbs as advised by the pool store water test report and the three 3" chorine tabs and also 3lbs of granular shock "chlor brite" we are supposed to add CYA in about 40mins (which is 4hrs after the TA) after the water turned green. what did we do wrong? or should i wait for the chemicals to do its job and wait.

Also the kids super eager to get into the pool. Is it ok to get in with the water color still crystal green or should i wait for the water to turn clear blue.

Please guide us. Thanks a lot in advance.

DO NOT SWIM IN THAT POOL!

Get a good test kit, add chlorine to the pool (liquid bleach or 10-12.5% liquid chlorine), and get your chemicals to the target levels in here: PoolMath

You will need to estimate the amount of water in your pool to make this work. You can try sites like this to figure it out: Pool Volume Calculator - Pool Calculators - Pentair

Do not rely on the test results from the pool store. They are not very accurate and serve mostly for the store to try and sell you magic potions that you should NEVER use. Please read Pool School so that you can learn what you need to maintain your water chemistry. It is a lot to learn, but once you get it, maintain your pool will be so much easier and less expensive than relying on advice from the pool store.

Our pool is a 30,000 gallon pool approx. (That is what our pool cleaning guys said)

DO NOT SWIM IN THAT POOL!

Get a good test kit, add chlorine to the pool (liquid bleach or 10-12.5% liquid chlorine), and get your chemicals to the target levels in here: PoolMath

You will need to estimate the amount of water in your pool to make this work. You can try sites like this to figure it out: Pool Volume Calculator - Pool Calculators - Pentair

welcome to tfp
i would love to know where the phosphates came from in a fresh fill, lol
you need to add a couple of pounds of calcium increaser, from hardware chain
and liquid chlorine, 12.5 percent from pool shop or regular household bleach, not scented or splashless or any other extras
see pool school and pool math links at top of page

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.