Newbie, Ontario Canada

ozfloat

Jul 16, 2022
ontario canada
Hi Everyone, glad to have found you. Completely at my wits end with the pool and all the chemicals. the last 3 years of 8 have been a pool nightmare. I do get the water tested at what I thought was a reputable place and followed their instructions, although with each visit, I felt like they saw me coming and was an easy buy in for lots of chemicals.
I have struggled with hi stabilizer and was only just told this year, it was because of the stabilized zink pucks. I have decided to switch over to liquid chlorine after I drain 1/3 of the water to get the stabilization levels down.
I like the idea found on the forum of doing the testing yourself and not taking it in. Are the tests strips available accurate?. I am all for simplicity and the least amount of chemicals possible. I want to love my pool again. We have a nature 2 chlorinator and a puck chlorinator. Would really appreciate some help. Cheers!

Are the tests strips available accurate?.
Unfortunately no. A Taylor K-2006C from around your area up north or pick-up a TF-100 south of the border is best. Either one of those kits will give you easy & reliable test results. You are 100% correct that you should test your own water. With a set of test results from one of those, we can coach you through anything. Also be sure to bookmark our Pool Care Basics. Let us know how we can help.

Welcome to TFP! :wave: