sarawr

Sep 2, 2021
Detroit MI
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I just bought a house with a pool a few months ago, first time pool owner. The current timer does not work (some kind of mechanical Intermatic model in rough shape). I would like to replace it with a 24hr digital timer with a fireman's switch. I really just want a basic on/off cycle once a day with the heater turning off 15/20mins before the pump (1HP, single speed). Would appreciate any recommendations on what to get. Also wonder if I can DIY this so long as I am not changing the current wiring, pool guy said I need an electrician to install (he won't do it).

I have included pics of the current timer. Box to the left of timer is a (functional) switch. Also if relevant, I plan to get a SWG setup and convert to SW in the next year or two and would like the timer to be able to handle that as well.

Attachments

• PXL_20210903_132447675.jpg
    PXL_20210903_132447675.jpg
    492.8 KB · Views: 6
  • PXL_20210903_132501932.jpg
    PXL_20210903_132501932.jpg
    470.3 KB · Views: 6

Descriptions of all the different timer types. The future SWCG install can use the same timer. By then you will likely have a Variable Speed motor for your pump as once your current 1 hp SS motor needs replacing, you will have to replace with VS.

If that current timer is keeping the correct time(look at the silver arrow in the middle, does the yellow wheel spin with time?), then all you would need to get it operational is two screw-on trippers to turn power on and off like this...

Maybe, the trippers are inside the timer or somewhere at the house and the previous owner wanted to run that timer 24/7.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.