Newbie here- dumb question about pool

Aventre23

Jun 23, 2019
Massachusetts
I had a 21 round pool installed early june. Everything is good so far. I have noticed with the kids in it splashing and jumping the pool walls and top rail move a bit with the waves. The structure of the pool seems fine and I can't find any structural issues. I am just wondering if this is normal? Thanks

Welcome to TFP! :wave: Some above ground pools can show subtle movement around the top & sides when there is excessive water movement. Much depends on the make/model of the pool and how the sides and rails (if any) were fabricated. You're welcoem to post a pic of yoru set-up if you like so we can see. Don't forget to update your signature. :)

Thanks for using the forum. :swim:

Will definitely update my signature
It is an aqua side element 21 round. Here Is. Pic. It's probably a dumb question but I could not find much with a Google search. Seemz very level and sturdy but the walls are thin and flexible near top of pool

Attachments

• 29FD47C7-521E-4C52-B8C5-85A86CBB0D1F.jpeg
    29FD47C7-521E-4C52-B8C5-85A86CBB0D1F.jpeg
    681.5 KB · Views: 34
I've seen mine give n flex some when I have a full pool of swimmers. It doesn't do it when I'm in it because I'm just wading around but a pool full... yeah it'll give some.

Here’s what I found about the design of your pool:

“.........the Element is elegant and relaxed. The flexible cap creates a flush top rail producing a continuous round pool.”

It seems some flex is part of the design. I’ve always wondered how they make those flush top rail systems.......they look fantastic.

Installer said this is how this pool is but not to worry. Reading some other threads I did look closely at the uprights. All but 3 are plumb and they are not level vertically. The water level in the pool seems fine. Do the pictures show any potential problems? I am worrying too much probably but dont want 10k gallons flying at my house

Attachments

• 05F1CDED-3F76-498F-B506-B5EBDB716536.jpeg
    05F1CDED-3F76-498F-B506-B5EBDB716536.jpeg
    738.1 KB · Views: 30
  • 2956E2D1-E254-429E-B8EC-37315113B172.jpeg
    2956E2D1-E254-429E-B8EC-37315113B172.jpeg
    774.3 KB · Views: 31
  • 8BC4E684-7118-482A-94F2-C1C4FABA413F.jpeg
    8BC4E684-7118-482A-94F2-C1C4FABA413F.jpeg
    681.5 KB · Views: 31
  • 3CC1374F-1D4A-4E3C-B5B6-712C550A9326.jpeg
    3CC1374F-1D4A-4E3C-B5B6-712C550A9326.jpeg
    738.1 KB · Views: 30
I’m just a diy’er, so take my suggestions with a grain of salt. I would measure from top rail to water surface at each upright. If they are all within an inch of each other, which seems to be the industry standard, I’d not sweat it too much if your installer has a good reputation.

All but 3 are plumb and they are not level vertically.

Does plumb mean level, or just straight up and down but not necessarily perfectly level? I wrote a question about my uprights a day or two ago and was wondering the same thing about the integrity of the install. 3 of mine seem to have a bit of a lean visually which lead to my question in the first place. Only 3 of the ones I could access are perfectly level vertically. The rest are not. But the water level is even and all top rails are level. Sounds like yours is the same? To be honest the thing seems sturdy as heck and I know my installers came highly recommended by the pool company where I purchased my pool. I'm just a worry wart who has worst-case visions of my kids floating down the street and my neighbors being VERY unhappy with me LOL.

And, yes, if my kids are acting like lunatics in the pool there is a bit of a "jiggle" though nothing I'd worry about. My old pool used to do that as well more than this new one...but the new one does the same, just not as noticeable.

Ha, yours does sound like mine. For me 11/14 uprights are perfect. For 3 when I put a level flush against them they are off. For probably 4 or 5 there is a slight gap between the upright and the wall but nothing where I could even fit my pinky finger in. All my top rails are level and by eye the water seems perfect but I might have to get a tape measure and go around just to verify.

I also get visions of the pool bursting and my kids floating out and 10000 gallons coming crashing into my house hahahaha

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.