Myrtle Beach, SC
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite Pro (T-15)
Hey guys, before I ask my question, I just wanted to say thanks for all the info here. This site has been invaluable!

I’ve been using this site and pool math for about a month. I wanted to post my latest results just to get your thoughts. (I’m using a K-2006 test kit)

My TA is a tad high, should I go through the steps to lower it? Any other issues your see?

Thanks again!

4BA36C8D-42FE-4542-BDB8-6C888DFA3E55.jpeg

T,

I would say your numbers are perfect!!! I would not screw with TA as long as your pH is somewhat stable.. We do give "normal" readings for TA, but truth be told, as long as your pH is ok, your TA is ok.. You will find that as your pH goes up, knocking it back down with Muriatic Acid will also reduce your TA..

Let your pH go up until it hits 8.0 and then only reduce it to 7.7 or so.. Most saltwater pools like their pH at 7.8..

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

I am curious how you got a CH reading of 315ppm? The tests report in either multiples of 10 or 25, depending on your water sample size.

mknauss,

I basically split the difference between two drops. When I added the 32nd drop, it didn't really turn much more than it already was, but it did move slightly. I didn't feel like the 31st drop did the total trick, but the 32nd didn't move it as much as I thought it would.

All that said, I was probably wrong and should have just put 320 (and next time I'll use less water and go with the 25 instead of the 10 per drop.)

Sounds good. We do not advocate guessing. In color change tests you go until the last drop gives no color change. Then subtract that last drop.

I agree the numbers look good. I tend to run my TA a bit lower with SWG. You may find your ph constantly rising and frequently having to add acid. I tend to run TA round 60-70 with the SWG running. This seems to keep my ph from rising so quickly. Just food for thought.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.