Newbie building in ground pool needs help

Apr 18, 2019
Texas
We are building a 45' x 20' rectangular pool plus a sundeck that is about 12' × 4' (total guestimate on sundeck). Depths will graduate to 7' deep. Water features include bubblers in sundeck and ledge type waterfall...no hot tub or spa. We are in excavation stage now. Would appreciate greatly any advice!!! We live in South Texas & have extremely hard water. Any suggestions on pool equipment, safety devices, convenience must haves, you name it I need advice ?. Thanks!!!

If it isn't too late to go deeper, 7 1/2' is considered minimum diving depth for safety reasons.

Put in a railing. These are removable when done with a deck sleeve and will cost a lot more if done later.
Automation is always nice!
Saltwater pool is a must
Variable speed pump

Please fill out your sig-line with as much as you know now. You've come to the right place!

This is a DYI project and we have no plans. My husband builds homes professionally and has built a couple of pools and knows lots of contractors. Almost 100% of the homes he builds have pools so I have no doubt he knows the process. I however know nothing and am a bit worried.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.