newb question about pHin Smart Water Care Monitor

pjku79

Apr 17, 2015
San Antonio
< link for pHin Smart Water Care Monitor deleted per forum rules; Maddie, Moderator>

According to its description, it measures pH, chlorine, bromine and temperature 24/7. Also tests for total alkalinity, total hardness and Cyanuric acid, as needed. However, it doesn't give actual numbers. If I am just monitoring for trends then testing with an actual test kit, would this allow me to tests less often?

Last edited by a moderator:
From what I recall, doesn't it also auto-ship chemicals to you based on its own plan for your pool?

Here at TFP we're all about only putting in to our pools that which they need, for the right reason. Not because someone or some company has a sale figure to meet. We base our pool health by owner testing.

Our method is much cheaper too.

Maddie :flower:

From what I recall, doesn't it also auto-ship chemicals to you based on its own plan for your pool?

Here at TFP we're all about only putting in to our pools that which they need, for the right reason. Not because someone or some company has a sale figure to meet. We base our pool health by owner testing.

Our method is much cheaper too.

Maddie :flower:
Yes, I was planning on doing my own chemicals and just using it to help reduce the frequency that I have to test the water since I travel for work frequently. However, the monthly membership on top of the initial cost might be too steep to pursue.

It does not test for total alkalinity, total hardness or cyanuric acid, it comes with test strips to test for those. I'm sure you know how reliable we have found test strips to be. It also uses ORP to test for chlorine, which becomes unreliable in the presence of CYA.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.