Park City, UT
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45 Plus
My GAME 3/4 HP pump stopped working today. Fiddling with it and trying to get it back in working shape seem to be doing me no good. Seems to be a short on one of the windings is my guess. So, in classic form, it's upgrade time!

I'm limited to 115V currently (though as I prep to put in a shed in the next 2 or 3 years I'll drop in a 220V supply), so my VSP options are pretty limited. I'm planning on going with the Black+Decker 1HP VSP pump. I know it's more like a 3 speed than a true VSP, but it should save me a fair bit in electricity costs anyway. I was tempted to get the Pentair 115V VSP but at 3x the cost it's a tough sell at the moment. At that point I'll just run a 220V line and get a different VSP.

I also wasn't loving my 75D sand filter as it's realistically pretty small for a 15k gallon pool. I was backwashing about every 2 weeks (!) and if I ever vacuumed I would have to backwash as well. Given the wind and dust in my area, there's a lot of dirt that gets into the pool, so the backwashing was a lot more frequent than I would like. I decided to go with a Pentair 160317 150sqft cartridge filter. I figure this filter should last me a good long while, and would be usable even with a in ground or more permanent above ground.

In the mean time, chlorinating with liquid is going to be a bit painful. None of the stores nearby had anything but 7.5% bleach and the generic stuff was low on stock. The pump and filter get here Thursday, so with a bit of plumbing luck and work, I should be able to get everything back up and happy before the weekend when I leave for vacation for a week. I'd really like the SWG working again before then.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.