New Vinyl Liner Now Balancing Chemicals

Jun 6, 2015
Walkersville MD
Hello. We had a new vinyl liner installed Thursday. The company added 2 chlorine pucks in each skimmer and they are pretty much dissolved. (We don't usually use them but I didn't have bleach at the house because they decided to do our install at the last minute). I tested the water today with my Taylor k-2006 just to see where we were at and these are the results:

FC 4
CC .5
PH 7.2
TA 50
CH 70
Didn't test CYA since we didn't put any in yet.

My question is, do we even need to slam our pool like we usually do when we open in the summer? They refilled our water from trucks and it looks clear and clean. I was surprised to see the FC and CC looking so good already. What should my next steps be? I know I need to get my PH and TA up a bit and add CYA. Should I go ahead and do all that or go ahead with the slam just to be sure were clean and sanitized? Thanks!

No need to SLAM if pool is clean and holding FC.

You could add a bit of baking soda. Take TA to 70 or so. No need to mess with the pH.

Add CYA and keep your FC in the target level.

Take care.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.