New (to us) home with a pool... First test results

ODsPool

May 20, 2019
OHIO
Here are my results from the pool store test.... Looking for a little advice. 24k gallon inground vinyl liner. Thanks so much!
Free available Chlorine 0.34
TC 4.01
CC 3.67
PH 7.3
Total Alkalinity 149
CYA 24
Saturation Index -0.2

OD, welcome! :wave: Those numbers are a bit alarming. Not only the low FC and elevated CC, but the fact they are pool store tests, we know from experience they are not very reliable. Before we can really give you a good path forward, you would need to provide a set of water test results from a TF-100 (link below) or the Taylor K-2006C. Accurate home testing with the proper test kit is the foundation for everything we do here.

Out of curiousity, how does your water look at the moment? I'm assuing you just opened for the season?

Buying your own test kit and reading about the chemistry in Pool School will save you a ton of grief in the long run. It was the best money I've ever spent on the pool. I've had a pool for 20 years with good years and bad years following pool store advice. The last six years have been doing my own testing and following the advice here. The pool has never been cleaner or easier to take care of since I found this forum.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.