new to troublefreepools... Salt Question

Myrica

May 10, 2019
Harvard Massachusetts
Hi all, I've had a pool for 25 years now but am just trying this serious home testing for the first time. We have a salt water pool, and I have a question about the salt level test that I just got from TFtests, called Aquachek. The chart you are to read the levels of salt from... there are two, one printed on the bottle and one in the insert, but they are not the same! I am guessing I should use the bottle one, but it is odd, so I thought I'd check in here. (Since we drain the pool partway each winter I don't expect much salt to be present at the start of the season here.)... after looking through the inserts more carefully, I see it does say to use the chart on the bottle... so I guess I've answered my own question!

Last edited:
It was a little confusing the first time I used them, too. Different lots of test strips will have different conversion coefficients. The correct table for the lot that you purchase will be on the bottle. The insert has a table, too but it's just there as an example. You should always use the lot-specific table on the bottle. I'm sure there are a lot of people that have gotten incorrect readings due to being confused by that.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.