Sullivan, MO
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Intex Krystal Clear
I have had my pool for 5 years and relied on HTH test and the local pool supply shop for my results. I have been lurking on here for a couple of years and after fighting with my pool, it was constantly cloudy, all last year I decided to order the Taylor kit recommended on here and see what I can figure out. I just got my kit today. I started the SLAM process 2 days ago using the pool store results and my HTH results. The water was cloudy and light green so I knew I needed to get on top of the chlorine while waiting for my kit. Tonight my results were:
FC 17.2
CC 0.8
PH 7.8
TA 200
CH 200
CYA 40
Temp 82

The water is still slightly cloudy but otherwise looks great. I did add DE to my filter earlier today a couple of times and that made a huge difference in the cloudiness. According to the Chlorine/CYA chart my chlorine is slightly above the recommended level for the SLAM. In the morning I will do DE in the filter again and hopefully that will help finish clearing the cloudiness. I think I am on track and will be able to do the OCLT tomorrow night.

Does it sound like I am understanding all of this?

This mornings test results:
FC 14
CC 0.5
PH 7.6
TA 180
CYA 40

The water is still slightly cloudy so I added chlorine to raise the FC to 16 to continue the slam. The FC dropped by 3.2 last night so obviously the SLAM isn’t done yet, besides the water still being a little cloudy. I’ll add some DE to the filter again in a little while, when I backwashed it this morning it was cloudy but not dirty. My grandson is going crazy wanting to get in, he’s only 3 and doesn’t understand why I can get in to sweep and vacuum but he can’t swim. LOL!

If you can see the bottom (safety), pH is in the 7s, there is adequate chlorine and CC < 1 there is no reason not to swim.

e: pH test is not accurate over 10 FC but with it reading 7.6 it is probably fine.

I can definitely see the bottom, just a little cloudy. I did the OCLT last night just to see what my results would be. If the rain holds off I’ll probably let him swim this afternoon. Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.