New to this question about ph

TomMarkz

Sep 22, 2022
Spring Hill, Tennessee
Baby steps. I followed the instructions on how to test for PH. The color that appeared was 8.2. Then I had to add acid demand agent and count each drop and get the color i want associated with desired ph. I chose ph7.5 When I look at the chart there is the volume of water which is 21000 gallons. I counted 5 drops. Am I adding 1.75 qt (3drops) and 1.15 qt(2 drops) which equals 2.87 quarts. Is this correct?
If it is great but then I have another issuel
My alkanity is around 200ppm and on my kits chart says I need 1.60qt to bring it down however this is 10pm for desired change. I’m assuming this is for every 1.60qt I will bring down my alkalinity by 10pm. So if I use 2.87 qts of acid to bring down ph I will only bring down my alkalinity by 15ppm give it take? This is not fun.
Let me know
A43CB43E-C8C3-4BCE-B572-31EFCB3D8262.jpeg

Baby steps.
This is the correct thought process. pH will come down more then TA will come down for a given dose. So it is a process of moving pH down, then let it rise and then bring it down again along with TA coming down. It may take several doses over a week or more to bring TA to acceptable level without crashing your pH.

I would only use the data for the 3 drops. Add that MA to the pool. Wait an hour for circulation and test again. I am more cautious not to move pH too far down too quick.

Although it is “not fun” it does protect you from dropping your pH below 7 and that is very important not to do that. The TA will come down in time. Be patient.

Reactions: TomMarkz
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.