New to the water world

Jun 16, 2017
Wolverton MN
Hello from western mn. decided this year it was time to have a pool. Went budget this year just trying to get my feet wet (ha). I have a 5000gal pool. I filled it with water from the gravel pit and well water. It was super duper cloudy then I added (way too much) muratic acid to get it in order. Then sent my ph down. Obviously I guess. Been taking my own samples with bs menards strips and taking a sample to the pool store twice a week. I can't get rid of the cloud. From my inital readings the first thing I need is a real test kit. And that will be ordered in the morning. So far skimming the site I have learned a ton. [emoji16] any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Welcome to TFP! And thank you for doing some reading and knowing the first thing we will ask :D

With that and the SLAM instructions you will get your pool cleared up. In the process you are going to learn everything you need to know to keep it that way too. Don't hesitate to ask questions to help make sure you do things right, that is what we are here for.

Good luck, and glad to have you!