New to the site long time owner

JinFL21

May 3, 2021
Pinellas Park, FL
Looking forward to saving money and headaches. This year was the first I made it through winter without a green pool, but the tablets kept my chlorine level too high. With the shortage coming, I'm hoping for a cleaner pool using liquid chlorine only. I still have tabs as backup, but I won't be buying any more of them.

Welcome to TFP! :wave: Please take advantage of the link below to help get you started with some great info. Keep in mind that chlorine tablets (pucks) are fine for short term use, but they contain stabilizer (CYA) which will raise that level much too high (quickly) resulting in a poorly balanced pool (algae). Instead of adding chlorine from pucks, consider liquid chlorine or regular bleach which does not contain stabilizer. You'll be better in the long run. If you have any questions, lots of folks here to help. Thanks for posting.

Welcome to the forum! You have found the right place. When you get a chance you will need a proper test kit to monitor your chem levels Check this out:
Test Kits Compared
We have standardized on the Taylor based test kits so we can discuss your results. I highly recommend the TFT Pro kit. The reagents are provided in proportions better suited to home pool care.. and the they haven't been sitting on a shelf in an Amazon warehouse for an undetermined length of time.