New to the forum...Hi!

May 8, 2018
Stedman NC
Long time lurker and fairly new pool owner. Finally ditched the test strips and got the Taylor 2006 test set after having a horrible opening this year....

Here is where I was on test strips:
CYA-125
FC - ~
TC - ~
PH - 6.8
TA - 30

After a 60% water change I am now showing:
CYA-60
FC - ~ (added 2 121oz bottles of 10% bleach this morning)
TC - ~
PH - 7.4 (Added soda ash last night)
TA - 80 (added baking soda last night)

Hoping the chlorine levels balance out when I get home from work. What are your opinions on taking an AGP to salt?
I've heard a lot of local opinions and they swear your pool will die a vicious premature death.....

IMG_0620.jpg

547427423.jpg

Thanks!

Last edited:
Plenty of sun....? I think I even get sun at night....

Now that I have a good test set I think I can stay away from the store and their overly abusive comments (they even referenced this site). The "Pool Freak"
at the pool store told me I was placing my family at risk by using "common household chemicals". And he even stated that Salt water generators should be
illegal, and that the use of salt is dangerous to people. Anyways....

Hoping to be in the pool this evening and enjoy it this weekend as the temps creep into the low 90's.

Those are much better numbers. :goodjob: But the more important question is ........ did you make that deck? It's so clean it looks photo-shopped. Composite materials I suspect? Wow that thing looks nice. The puddle of water at the end looks pretty inviting as well. I bet everyone gets a good running start on that one. As for the SWG and pool store comments, once again lack of knowledge. Hundreds of thousand of AGP owners have sand/salt combos and do just fine. :swim:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Day 3 - Took a brisk evening dip.....

CYA-60ish (added about 1000 gallons fresh water)
FC - 6 (added 35oz of 10% bleach this morning)
CC- ~.2
PH - 7.5
TA - 80

I did make a rookie mistake and didn't switch from recirc to filter after I added all my chems….started the filter up this morning (after a long backwash)...

How do you like your Blue Wave Belize? I've been AGP shopping..

Day 3 - Took a brisk evening dip.....

CYA-60ish (added about 1000 gallons fresh water)
FC - 6 (added 35oz of 10% bleach this morning)
CC- ~.2
PH - 7.5
TA - 80

I did make a rookie mistake and didn't switch from recirc to filter after I added all my chems….started the filter up this morning (after a long backwash)...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.