New to TFP

Peepaw

Jun 28, 2018
Jacksonville/fl
Hi everyone, I have had my AGP now for about a year. Bought last August for my granddaughter. It's approximately 10-11K and has been a real challenge for me. Biggest issue recurring algae. I've had to customize my own vac. System as the one provided was useless. My pool is now crystal clear. My question is concerning pump run time. Suggested is 6-8 hours to complete a cycle. I have 2500GPH .25hp pump. I don't want to run 24/7. I'm thinking10-12 hours. Is it better to run during hottest part of day or nights. Thanks for your thoughts.

Hello and welcome to the forum! :wave: For pump run time, the exact time of day or amount of turnover is really of no concern. Your typical local conditions might dictate what's better to try and get surface debris into your skimmer which would dictate the ideal time to run your pump. The only other consideration of pump run time simply to mix chemicals, but that doesn't take all that long. Maybe this page will help you further: Pool School - Determine Pump Run Time.

I suspect running the pump to try to cool the water will only be marginally effective. Moving water will evaporate a little more quickly then still but to get any measurable amount of cooling you need a spray either that or active cooling like you can get with some heat pumps.

If you do a search for pool cooler either on this site or Amazon you will see some quite ingenious ideas for fountains that attach to returns the spray from them evaporates more quickly and that in turn cools the pool