New to TFP, When to SLAM

Oh yeah. My pump has been running nonstop for the past month for the most part. I ran the pump only for 10-12 hours for 2-3 days with the solar cover on and we got a lot of rain. When I took the cover off, I had a dead mouse in the pool and had super cloudy water. I've been waging a war with the water ever since and this is ultimately led me to this website. I was constantly making trips to the pool store, having them test my water, and then buy their chemicals which really didn't do much. My water eventually cleared up and looked alright, but if I stopped the pump I knew I'd be in trouble again. I knew it was time to take matters into my own hands and make things right.

I brushed the pool twice last night upon both chlorine additions. I read on here to get around the light and ladders real good. I had some chunks of algae that came off under the light and around the housing that I couldn't even see but it sure was there.

FC dropped 6 points over night but it seems to be holding for much longer now. I'm hoping the Slam will be complete by Saturday as my wife wants to lay out in the pool and have some of her friends over and its going to be 100 out. I wish I could keep them out of it until it's completed but with this heat wave I don't think that's going to go over so well haha.

Checked my CYA level and it was about 35. Still keeping up on my FC levels and gone through 30 121oz jugs so far. Starting to get expensive but it's lookin good!
4b336119a54e902aa22000b97fd81bc7.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.