New to TFP, new pool, it's all new to me!

Do not let your FC fall that far. When you test you should have 5 ppm FC left in the pool. So you would then dose with 3 ppm FC worth of LC to account for the loss over the next day.

Raise your FC now to 8 ppm. Tomorrow, test and raise it back to 8 ppm.

FC of 2 is minimum. Below that algae will grow freely.

Target is 4-6 ppm. I use the middle, 5 ppm FC.

FC of 2 is minimum. Below that algae will grow freely.

Target is 4-6 ppm. I use the middle, 5 ppm FC.

Just want to make sure these numbers sound good.
I raised the FC to 8 like you said yesterday, i just checked tonight 24 hours later, and it has dropped to 4.6. I have raised it back up to 8. Is that about a normal loss i should expect in 24 hours? I will add it was around 100 degrees today, and we did have a quick thunderstorm.
It has been pretty consistent, even now that you had me raise my FC that daily I add 2quarts.

Hi Brian,
I’m new to TFP pool as well, but from what I’ve picked up thus far, it seems we will learn how much FC our pools “lose” to the sun each day. I believe the goal is to dose it up the night before, or that morning, so the next day’s bleed off still leaves us in the acceptable range.
From the numbers I’m seeing on my 24’ AGP, a 2-3 FC loss a day, on a bright, sunny day, is probably normal.
-Brian ;)

Hi Brian,
I’m new to TFP pool as well, but from what I’ve picked up thus far, it seems we will learn how much FC our pools “lose” to the sun each day. I believe the goal is to dose it up the night before, or that morning, so the next day’s bleed off still leaves us in the acceptable range.
From the numbers I’m seeing on my 24’ AGP, a 2-3 FC loss a day, on a bright, sunny day, is probably normal.
-Brian ;)

Yeah, it's pretty much having me add 2 quarts daily, very consistent. I'll be going out of town for a few days, and may just tell the wife to add 2 quarts each night when the pump turns on

Just want to make sure these numbers sound good.
I raised the FC to 8 like you said yesterday, i just checked tonight 24 hours later, and it has dropped to 4.6. I have raised it back up to 8. Is that about a normal loss i should expect in 24 hours? I will add it was around 100 degrees today, and we did have a quick thunderstorm.
It has been pretty consistent, even now that you had me raise my FC that daily I add 2quarts.

Sounds good.

Use a 10 ml sample for your FC testing. Each drop equates to 0.5ppm FC

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.