New to TFP Methods But Lurked for Info for a Year

Jul 26, 2018
Warren, Ohio
Hello,
This year I started following the methods in this forum as the pool store had my CYA levels at 125 this year. I didn’t want to believe they were misleading me, until this summer when I started to see algae in my skimmer basket every night. Luckily I had already read pool school e-book and knew what needed to be done. So last Friday I drained nearly 8k of water from the pool and refilled and immediately switched to bleach. Water is crystal clear and numbers are all in spec of a SWG pool. I am still awaiting the arrival of my new CircuPool SWG, until then I will maintain the FC levels for my CYA. So glad I read this forum for the past year and pool school which helped me to identify my problem before it turned into a disaster. Now to tackle my last number which is to lower my TA which is currently at 100 with a little MA, aeration, and patience.
Thanks,
Wazoo88

Last edited:
Reactions: Danforth
Welcome! :wave:

I hate to disillusion you even more with the pool store, but TA isn't all that critical, no matter what they told you.

As you maintain pH with acid, TA will come down a little at a time. There's no reason to devote any special effort to lowering it unless you are adding acid too frequently (unlikely at only 100) or you are in imminent danger of scale formation. (Also unlikely if you're in spec)

Reactions: Oly