Brookemma54

May 24, 2021
Newtown square pa
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
So I think I’m on the right track after reading through pool school. But want to double check myself!
these are my number

(pool store 🤦🏼‍♀️ But waiting on my tf100 test kit)
FC 5
CC 0
alkanity 110 (want to try and reduce this a little)
PH 7.5
CYA 40
CH 253

generally I think I’m looking good, however after getting some liquid chlorine I want to just make sure I’m doing it right. Generally I want to keep my FC around a 5/6. My pool loses about 2ppm a day (especially in the summer and with kids playing) Pool math is telling me I need about 33oz per ppm, so does this been I add about 66oz each evening after we are done swimming?
Thanks!

Hey Brooke !! It’s a bit tricky until you have your kit. One of the biggest needs for it, besides being reliable, is that you can test on the spot, whenever the need arises or fits into your schedule. So you test, treat, and test 20 minutes later to verify you reached your target. The pool store way is to *think* they know where you are, *think* they know what to add, And pray that it worked.

Add a little over (10%) what you’ve been needing once a day and once the kit comes we can zero in on everything.

Double check your settings in poolmath for your gallons and bleach strength.

Reactions: Brookemma54
Assuming your numbers are correct is the weak link now. Stay on top of your daily chlorination until you have solid numbers from your proper test kit. You are going to be amazed how easy this is when you have the proper tools.

Reactions: Brookemma54
TA is the last thing you need to worry about. Dont make any adjustments based on pool store testing. Wait until your kit arrives. Fill in your signature with your pool specs, use mine as an example.
I’ll be anxiously awaiting my test kit! Changed my signature (I think). Also love the shepherds, I have a long haired who is all about the pool!

Reactions: Flying Tivo
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.