New to pools, went from Swamp to Crystal Clear How are my Levels?

Revan

May 29, 2018
RI
Morning,

Here are the Taylor K2006 Results below, brief what I did below that.

FC: 2.8
CC: 0.0 - This was .2 on Monday but I added some Liquid to shock it up again
CYA: <30 - Could still see the dot, was cloudy but still visible
PH: 7.6
ALK: 110-120 - Was in between at 11 drops but was blatant at 12 drops
CA: 100
SALT: 2900

Pool Setup:
30ft? Above Ground Pool (Tape measure was a little over 30ft)
Hayward Power-Flo LX Pump
Hayward Sand Filter
Hayward AquaTrol SWG w/ T5 cell

I opened the pool 2 weeks ago.

Purchased this house late last year, pool was already covered and winterized per the owner. Cleaned as much of the fallen debris that I could, but I couldn't see anything.

(4) 1Lb packs of Burnout premixed
After 2 hours (1) full bottle of Bioguard Banish
Pump was left running for 48 hours (Backwash twice a day)
After this I was able to see blue cloudy water

Went through a 1 week Shock keeping levels at 10ppm+ and wasn't getting much progress. Ended up Vacuuming for 3 days to waste a good 5,000 Gal of water+. Kept shock levels and water cleared up.

Added (10) 40lb bags of Pure Salt to get the SWG generating.

At this point I am losing FC as my CYA level is low, however I don't want to go adding things without referencing here. What are my next steps?

Unfortunately I did not grab any black swamp pics...

IMG_20180526_092831.jpg
IMG_20180606_164312.jpg

Welcome to the forum!

Has your pool passed a Overnight Chlorine Loss Test? That would be first step. Take your FC to 12 ppm after sun is off the pool this evening, circulate/mix water well for at leash 30 minutes, test FC and record it. Next morning, be sure pump has been running at least an hour (or overnight) and test FC before sunlight hit the pool surface. If less than 1 ppm FC loss overnight, you are good to raise your CYA and use LC to get your FC to target level and use your SWCG to maintain your FC levels.

Let us know -- take care.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.