New to pools, pool guy seems to have done nothing for us

TFPers get so excited watching other people's pools (and our own of course) turn from murky green to sparkly clear. :epds:
Thanks for keeping us informed as a part of your pool cleanup thread and letting us share in your excitement. :wink:

Reactions: DoubleEcho
Pump was running when I got home, FC was 9. Added a half bottle and just added the rest of the bottle for the night. It looks slightly clearer but the deep end is still cloudy in the middle. We can clearly see the curved part on the bottom on the sides of the deep end though. Might be able to get another night time pic later!

Reactions: justinc
Anyone think I could sell that slide? It's bolted onto the pipes that are cemented into the pool decking so it can come off, Nicole wants it gone and we'd like to put our solar cover/reel over there on the deep end side. I know I'll have to cut the pipes and grind them down. It seems in good shape, but if there's really not a market for that I'm going to have to just pitch it in a dumpster next year.

Had to go to the vet after work since one of our cats has some mild upper respiratory issues. Then I had to replace the deck belt on our riding mower, so I ended up checking the FC and brushing pretty late last night. Was at 12 and I added a half bottle for the night. Just a little bit clearer but the deep end is still cloudy (but clearing every day!). Nicole was able to spot something Weds night on the bottom and it turned out to be a brick that must have been used to hold the tarp on that fell in, so that's progress I guess.

It's been raining a lot in our area so the water is pretty high up on the skimmer, I think I'll be vacuuming to waste this weekend.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The Loc-Loop covers are several thousand. I inherited one and plan on replacing it when it fails, it's worth it.

I suppose it depends on what kind of cover you were quoted for!

I think I’m almost ready to start ending the SLAM! The deep end is 90%+ clear now. Here’s some update pics along with a pic of someone who decided to take an early swim and got found swirling around in the skimmer area. Don’t worry he’s still alive!

As you can see the slide is gone, I posted it for sale for what I thought was a reasonable price and it got claimed in half an hour. Maybe I should have asked for more!

FC099F25-1B39-48EC-A448-4268FD0425D3.jpeg

E9CFE1F4-2CD8-45E2-ACF4-D13FD4EE8018.jpeg

9F8CB717-190A-4AF9-BA98-CDA6BD854699.jpeg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.