Mbolin

Apr 15, 2023
Oklahoma
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
So I have never had a pool last summer was our first year we opened it ran it all summer and then covered it at the end of summer. This year I removed the cover and I’ve been attempting to try and get it back up and running. I’ve shocked it several times over the last week and have been trying to vacuum however every time I start to vacuum debris just fills the water and it goes from clear to this.. any advice on what I can use to help get rid of this? ( I’m guessing it’s algae?)

Attachments

• 14D2794F-CAD1-429B-BBAA-FACCFBAEB890.jpeg
    14D2794F-CAD1-429B-BBAA-FACCFBAEB890.jpeg
    273 KB · Views: 18
It looks like leaves but it could be algae. Unfortunately test strips can't give accurate test results so you probably want to buy a test kit, the members here use Taylor K-2006 or one from here: Test Kits Does you filter have a waste setting on it? If so use that setting to vacuum the debris out and then rinse if it has that as well.

The members are going to want a full set of data on your pool from the test kit in order to be able to help. Here's some beginning info: Pool Care Basics Archives

Reactions: Mbolin
Hi and welcome! That definitely looks like it could be algae, and you’ve come to the right place to help get it cleared up.

The way to clear up algae is to follow the
SLAM Process. There’s a few things you’ll need to do it successfully, so let’s start with some basics.

How big is your pool?

How do you typically chlorinate it?

How do you test your water?

The cornerstone of the TroubleFree Pool Care methodology is accurate testing, so we recommend you review
Test Kits Compared and ensure you’ve got a proper test kit on hand or on order. The TFTestKits TF100 or TFPro is the best value, but the Taylor K-2006C works as well.

If you can put the above info in the signature line of your profile, it’s a big help too so the experts here don’t have to go digging for it.

Once we have the info above, we can provide further guidance.

I’d also recommend reading through some of the below articles:
Pool Care Basics

Reactions: Mbolin
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.