New to Pool Care - How to Backwash

calthomps99

Feb 26, 2020
Tempe, AZ
Greetings. My name is Calvin. I have used a pool service for years, but I am retired now, and since I have the time, I would like to take care of it myself. I am pretty comfortable with most of it, but I am sure will need help. Right now, I am looking to backwash for the first time with a Pentair Intelliflo VSF pump. I'm not sure if I should use the quick clean button, or just turn the pump on for backwashing purposes. Thank you. (I have submitted the question to Pentair also, but I'm not sure how long it will take for them to get back to me.)

Cal,

All you need to do is set the multiport valve on top of your sand filter to backwash and then turn your pump on.. I would not use your quick clean unless you have set the speed to 2,000 RPM or less. If you know what your speeds are for buttons 1, 2 and 3, , I would use the one that is about 2K..

Run until the water looks clear.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.