Long Island ny
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Autopilot Digital Nano+ PPC2
Have an inground pool vinyl liner first year owning it. 19500 gallons water temp is 84 I tried attaching recent test results. Last week and went to local pool store with similar numbers and they told me to add three bags of green out shock treatment and superchlorinator. Also going to attach pics of equipment set up. Pool pilot is running at 82% purifier. Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Attachments

• 06358246-9458-4F44-B296-BD3CAEE2862F.png
    06358246-9458-4F44-B296-BD3CAEE2862F.png
    41.9 KB · Views: 95
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    520.7 KB · Views: 89
Pool water looks clear test kit is Taylor k-2006 my results not pool store. Walls feel a little slimy but nothing else going on, last week seemed like a little yellow algae was growing, went to local pool store and they recommended the green out shock treatment and superchlorinator which I added three bags of. Yellow color on walls has gone away but the numbers are what they are. Curious if issue is cya being so low and if I need to ramp up swg

Okay, based on what you told us I would recommend a SLAM Process. You already saw algae to some degree recently and the walls feel slimy. The pool store products did not eliminate the algae that's for sure, only disguised it for a while. So from here I would:
1. Increase your CYA to "30" only for now. Use the PoolMath APP to help you with the proper amount. Since you suspect you have some CYA in there, only increase the CYA by 20 ppm and check it again tomorrow to see if it's 30 or 40.
2. Lower the pH to 7.2 and then increase the FC to 12 and keep it there with liquid chlorine or regular bleach. You can turn off the SWG during the SLAM Process since it's not really designed to maintain such a high output.
3. Follow all the notes on the SLAM Process page and stick to just liquid chlorine/bleach from now on. That's your best tool against algae.

Let us know if you have any questions. Good luck!

Adding CYA:
To increase CYA via granular stabilizer, place the required amount as calculated by the Poolmath calculator into a white sock and place in the poolside skimmer basket. For those concerned about suction flow to the pump, suspending the sock near a return jet or from a floating device will also suffice. Best never to allow undissolved granules to rest directly against the pool surface. Squeeze the sock periodically to help it dissipate. Once dissolved, consider your CYA adjusted to that programmed (target) level. CYA test readings should show a rise in 24-48 hours, however some pools may experience a longer delay to fully register. Best to confirm final CYA in about 5-7 days before adding any more stabilizer/conditioner.

Will we be able to go in the pool during this process? So if I get this I should raise the cya first, could take a day or so. Then use liquid chlorine and shut off swg?

Right away you can have the sock soaking with the stabilizer. After about 20 minutes, squeeze the soft a lot to get the milky stabilizer out. At the same time the sock is soaking, lower the pH first with muriatic acid. Test the pH about 20 minutes later to see if the pH readied the 7.2 range. Once the pH has been lowered, increase the FC to your SLAM FC level (i.e. 12) ad do your best to keep it there.

I added the dry acid to lower ph, socks are soaking. I got 4 gallons of super shock. What would this fall under in the pool math app as additive and amount to raise fc

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    340.4 KB · Views: 26

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I see that but that option does not come up on the pool math app these are the options I see

Attachments

• 22C0DAA4-6D32-46FA-B674-51D7BD3B65A3.png
    22C0DAA4-6D32-46FA-B674-51D7BD3B65A3.png
    53 KB · Views: 23
  • D012D4AF-829E-4A38-A82E-B71DE028C212.png
    D012D4AF-829E-4A38-A82E-B71DE028C212.png
    57.5 KB · Views: 20

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.