New to Forums - Just signed to build a pool in The Woodlands, TX

I did not see one recommendation here to request that that the builder use standard and long sweep elbow fittings instead of the sharp 90 degree fittings. Why is that?
Personally I think builders of pools should plumb with nothing but sweep elbows wherever possible. And use Wye's with sweep bends instead of tee's :
45.JPG

Latest photos. The steps will be reworked sometime in the next couple of weeks.

Plumbing was mostly done today.

cc2c1db307ebed462016e6db0ef130ad.jpg
d4455203d00975716e97f6e0203b454d.jpg
25ac2b0e745c2db5ac32d91a3f56c5a9.jpg
5b482189517d4958dd5558f2a980d990.jpg

Too late for us to change the plumbing, but good advice.

You'll be fine, and will have a ton of fun in your new pool the way it is plumbed regardless. It's what the majority of builder do even to this day. I got 7 new pools(4 different builders) last year that I service weekly and all still use the sharp 90's, not one sweep elbow.

I just feel that it can only to make the plumbing flow more efficient to use sweep ell's and wye's throughout.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Has anyone experienced temperature sensor issues? The temp coming from the Pentair sensor (via ScreenLogic App) is about 8-9 degrees higher than the thermometer in the pool: 90 from Pentair vs 81/82 using a traditional pool thermometer. Temp is definitely not 90 so Pentair is wrong...

Here is where the sensor is...

9d71df43712da5a81f91ef9c00770dda.jpeg

Has anyone experienced temperature sensor issues? The temp coming from the Pentair sensor (via ScreenLogic App) is about 8-9 degrees higher than the thermometer in the pool: 90 from Pentair vs 81/82 using a traditional pool thermometer. Temp is definitely not 90 so Pentair is wrong...

Here is where the sensor is...
Possibly a bit of pump heat rising up. I have found that there is more heat in the water around the equipment than at the pool. Those sensors are not perfect and they do go bad. You can calibrate them in the Pentair controls by the way. pic of cracked sensor...
20180410_141737.jpg

Temp is good to go now. Still working out to find the best pump schedule.

Funny thing is the pool guy that is maintaining the pool for the first month after startup says that trouble free pool is the worst site and don’t listen to anyone there.

HA! I think they just want to keep customers uneducated and dependent on them is why they say stay away from TFP.

Funny thing is the pool guy that is maintaining the pool for the first month after startup says that trouble free pool is the worst site and don’t listen to anyone there.

HA! I think they just want to keep customers uneducated and dependent on them is why they say stay away from TFP.

I wonder how many customers TFP has cost him???? Bet that is why the "hate" :roll:

Kim:kim:

Temp is good to go now. Still working out to find the best pump schedule.

If he says that get rid of him ASAP. He could be doing damage to the plaster if he is not maintaining proper LSI/CSI. Ask him to show you all the various chems he Always carries on his truck. If he does not have always at the ready, of course liquid chlorine and acid, sodium bicarbonate, soda ash, calcium(flakes or prills) he probably never does. Also what test kit or kits is he using?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.