New Texas Pool

even after providing pictures, skus and two distributors in Houston hard to believe I think the tile size was the struggle

Only 1 day this week so we basically got nothing done. After complaining the super called and they thought my columns have the back ordered tile when they dont and use the 13 boxes in my backyard collecting dust.

I just cant get any level of care.

This are getting better there a point of contention though. I would like an opinion. There doing an all tile spa that sits between a bench 18 inches deep and a tanning shelf. There not tile a few spots opinions? Should I help pay? I feel like it looks awful and common sense.

This are getting better there a point of contention though. I would like an opinion. There doing an all tile spa that sits between a bench 18 inches deep and a tanning shelf. There not tile a few spots opinions? Should I help pay? I feel like it looks awful and common sense.
I normally let "Siri" do her thing but this is over the top and approaches being unintelligible......correct and repost please

Things are getting better with the PB. There is a point of contention on where tile should start and stop. Please note there is an "all tile spa", "tanning ledge", and "bench"

The problems are different depths of the ledge and bench. If you look at picture 1 and 3 they each have a section of tile missing. They used the tile line as depth reference when both the tanning shelf and bench stop on the side of the spa. Im thinking about patching those spots with tile.

Now what should the back look like?There is no way to have a straight line between the tanning shelf and bench as they have different depths.

Thank you that is much easier to read.

Okay here is my input...........I would leave it like it is. The plaster will go where the tile is not and will look great.

If you have them go to the edge it might not look as "finished".

I do not see any problem with the back. Maybe I am not seeing what you mean. (the back is the middle picture right?)

The tile is VERY pretty!

Kim

I'm happy with the back it matches on all the sides it's just the little piece on each side that looks funny.

Thanks for your input Kim I appreciate it

Thank you that is much easier to read.

Okay here is my input...........I would leave it like it is. The plaster will go where the tile is not and will look great.

If you have them go to the edge it might not look as "finished".

I do not see any problem with the back. Maybe I am not seeing what you mean. (the back is the middle picture right?)

The tile is VERY pretty!

Kim

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Kim and others-

I would love some feedback. It looks the the coping doesn't fit precisely on the gunite. Please look at the pictures. Decking isn't going on the complete side and not the back at all. Im worried about these overhangs where the is do decking. It Looks bad. Note we still have gunite piles :)

The PB thinks that is done. When you look at the coping it is 12x12 and the beam is more like 16 inches wide so four inches is just gunite and the ooze of motor that overflowed. Additionally picture 2 and 3 are very bad. Is this normal. It looks horrible.

If they really think they are done they are wrong.

I want to make sure I understand..........in pics 2 and 3..........2 being the one where you can see the man's back and 3 being the one with the round thing (skimmer?)..........there will be NO patio or decking of any sort? They are saying the grass will grow there and cover it up?

Am I correct?

If that is the case there are two things wrong with that idea:

-that does NOT look done and I would not accept it.........yes it looks unprofessional

-grass growing there=a mess in the future when you mow and such. I would add something to increase the distance from the water to the grass.

Now know all of this is JUST my opinion. I am NOT an expert but I don't mind saying what I thing! LOL

Kim

No one would leave an edge of a pool uncovered unless it's faced with stone or something. However, being "covered" could mean mulch or dirt and grass up to the edge of the coping. If that were done it would look fine and be no issue. The only thing would be that it might be a little bit too much sticking out and may cause grass to die from insufficient roots at the edge. But they could use a concrete saw and remove it. The coping, at 12", seems perfectly normal. How was all of this specified in the contract? Most contracts lack sufficient detail due to lack of attention to the many required details.

It wasn't specified. Im going to talk to the them tomorrow. If they could cut back the gunite that is overhanging with no coping. I really have no issue. I dont think split face can be applied here.

No one would leave an edge of a pool uncovered unless it's faced with stone or something. However, being "covered" could mean mulch or dirt and grass up to the edge of the coping. If that were done it would look fine and be no issue. The only thing would be that it might be a little bit too much sticking out and may cause grass to die from insufficient roots at the edge. But they could use a concrete saw and remove it. The coping, at 12", seems perfectly normal. How was all of this specified in the contract? Most contracts lack sufficient detail due to lack of attention to the many required details.

That corner in your last picture would worry me because it does not have anything under it so it could break off if someone steps on it or some thing is dropped on it.

It does not look "finished". I would be talking to the PB and ask him how he is going to "finish" it.

Kim

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.