Terre Haute indiana
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60
Just installed a circupool rj60 swg,run a set of test at 330 pm today had fc at 6.5- ph at 7.5 7.6 -ta of 150- ch of 230- and cya of 40 think I need to get my cya up to 50 and ta down to about 90, I'm I on right track. Was told it would take 3 days or so for swg to figure out levels, just got the old system figured out and now changing again , any input appreciated

Your numbers aren't bad. Of course the CYA is low. Ideal CYA for a salt pool is 70. You can start a little lower if you wish just to be safe, but don't be surprised if later you increase it closer to 70. Much depends on the intensity of the sun and shade on the water.

You can lower the TA, but it's not a major rush. Let the pH rise to about 7.8-8.0 then use enough acid to lower the pH to about 7.2. That large swing will effect the TA better. It will come down each time.

The SWG doesn't self-calibrate, so you have to test the FC. If it's low, increase pump run time and/or SWG output. If the FC is too high, do the opposite. Easy stuff really. Your sig says inground. Vinyl I'm assuming? If so, CH won't apply so that's fine.

Pat typed faster than I did and I had about the same advice. Only thing I'd add is error on the high side for FC as you get used to your swg. A couple ppm high on FC will never hurt but accidentally dropping below min can cause big problems.

Chris

Do you know how much FC you pool is using per day? If not, as starting point, set you SWG to produce 3 ppm per day and adjust from there. You can use Pool Math to calculate duration and percentage settings. Click on the FC tab, enter a target 3 ppm more than current level, and select SWG under the Type of Sanitizer tab. You'll have a choice to select SWG Cell% or Pump Hours. Results will be shown below.

I ran some numbers for you. In your pool, the RJ-60 run at 100% should produce about 1.58 0.8 ppm per hour.

Last edited:
Your numbers aren't bad. Of course the CYA is low. Ideal CYA for a salt pool is 70. You can start a little lower if you wish just to be safe, but don't be surprised if later you increase it closer to 70. Much depends on the intensity of the sun and shade on the water.

You can lower the TA, but it's not a major rush. Let the pH rise to about 7.8-8.0 then use enough acid to lower the pH to about 7.2. That large swing will effect the TA better. It will come down each time.

The SWG doesn't self-calibrate, so you have to test the FC. If it's low, increase pump run time and/or SWG output. If the FC is too high, do the opposite. Easy stuff really. Your sig says inground. Vinyl I'm assuming? If so, CH won't apply so that's fine.
Thank you

Do you know how much FC you pool is using per day? If not, as starting point, set you SWG to produce 3 ppm per day and adjust from there. You can use Pool Math to calculate duration and percentage settings. Click on the FC tab, enter a target 3 ppm more than current level, and select SWG under the Type of Sanitizer tab. You'll have a choice to select SWG Cell% or Pump Hours. Results will be shown below.

I ran some numbers for you. In your pool, the RJ-60 run at 100% should produce about 1.58 0.8 ppm per hour.
I take it that is the new pool math app, I still use the old one but will be downloading the new one

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.