New SWG

Hi all, I have been using the TFT method for a few years with fantastic results. My yearly battles with algae are long in the rear view mirror. We are having the liner replaced this year since it was quite faded. I believe my use of insane amounts of shock over the years to battle algae was a contributing factor however my wife claims it is my use of bleach. So, she wants to install a SWG with the new liner which I am not opposed to per se but since I understand the chemistry of what goes on (she does not) I know how it works. My question is what do I need to change in my routine with a SWG that will still give me the impeccable water that everyone in my neighborhood is so jealous of? Any tips?

A saltwater generator adds chlorine to your water, same as you adding bleach. There is no difference. Be prepared to supplement your chlorine with bleach until the SWG is dialed in.

Rob,

Just make sure you don't tell the wife that the chlorine that the SWCG produces is exactly the same as the chlorine you have been pouring from the "bleach" jugs... Chlorine is chlorine once it is in the water.. :mrgreen:

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.