New sun deck and stadium stairs

dmev13

Apr 27, 2021
Long Island
We are having a sun deck and stadium stairs installed on our existing pool. Yesterday they set up concrete forms and when they left I went out to take a look at everything. I noticed they didn’t have any rebar in place so I called the pool builder and inquired about it. He said they would be back tomorrow to put rebar in and pour the concrete. This afternoon they showed up and within about 30 mins of them being here the cement truck came. I went out to check how much rebar they could actually install in that short amount of time and there was minimal. I wasn’t happy. They laid a piece of rebar mesh right on top of the dirt and placed three or four pieces of rebar straight into the dirt. The pool is 16 feet wide. The sun deck runs the width of the pool and is 5 feet into the shallow end.
334432FF-1389-42F2-931E-6731DA4F1082.jpeg

The rebar on the floor looks ok. I don't see any rebar in what looks like the new extended bond beam area.

There are too many details missing from that pic to understand how the old pool and new pool structures are being tied together.

The rebar on the floor looks ok. I don't see any rebar in what looks like the new extended bond beam area.

There are too many details missing from that pic to understand how the old pool and new pool structures are being tied together.
Thanks for the response. There’s nothing there to hold them together. I was expecting them to drill holes into the existing structure and have rebar installed into said holes which would stick out into the new structure. As far as the rebar mesh on the floor... the majority of it is literally just laying directly on the dirt. I thought it would at least be off the ground 4 to 5 inches in order for the concrete to completely surround it.

Are they shooting gunite/shotcrete into the new build or pouring cement mix from a truck?

Was this designed by an engineer with engineer stamped drawings or is the builder winging the build?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.