New StoneScape discoloration/mottling

RickAg

Dec 1, 2021
Indio, CA
Trying to determine if the color discoloration I see is within normal bounds.

It's hard to capture in a photograph, but I'm seeing a bunch of areas in the deep end that look dirty or that dirt is embedded in the plaster. It looks darker in person vs the photo. I don't see the "dirty" areas in the spa, baja shelf, or even the entire deep end.

Levels were generally good during start-up. I was able to brush daily, but couldn't vacuum the pool until maybe ~3 weeks into startup. So dirt did sit around a bit.

I tried SLAMing for a few days, didn't seem to affect the discoloration. I've also tried rubbing Vitamin C and a chlorine tab on the spots. Neither seem to make a difference.

It doesn't look terrible, but definitely looks like it's "dirty" under certain lighting conditions.

IMG_5286.jpeg

Sand an area with 80/100 grit wet/dry sandpaper and see what difference it makes.

That is not a chemical problem.

Sand an area with 80/100 grit wet/dry sandpaper and see what difference it makes.

That is not a chemical problem.
Trying to determine if the color discoloration I see is within normal bounds.

It's hard to capture in a photograph, but I'm seeing a bunch of areas in the deep end that look dirty or that dirt is embedded in the plaster. It looks darker in person vs the photo. I don't see the "dirty" areas in the spa, baja shelf, or even the entire deep end.

Levels were generally good during start-up. I was able to brush daily, but couldn't vacuum the pool until maybe ~3 weeks into startup. So dirt did sit around a bit.

I tried SLAMing for a few days, didn't seem to affect the discoloration. I've also tried rubbing Vitamin C and a chlorine tab on the spots. Neither seem to make a difference.

It doesn't look terrible, but definitely looks like it's "dirty" under certain lighting conditions.

View attachment 475206
I have the same issue. I noticed it the day it was installed, which was a few days ago. Talked to NPC, the company that owns StoneScapes, and they gave me a disclosure saying this is common and is not considered a defect. That it should start to correct itself in 4 weeks, but "maybe longer". I'm not sure I believe it. They were very fast with this disclosure, which I had not seen or signed. I think they get the complaint a lot and are quick to argue its not a warranty item. I think its a product quality issue, and I'm trying to figure out what recourse I have. Please keep me posted

I have the same issue. I noticed it the day it was installed, which was a few days ago. Talked to NPC, the company that owns StoneScapes, and they gave me a disclosure saying this is common and is not considered a defect. That it should start to correct itself in 4 weeks, but "maybe longer". I'm not sure I believe it. They were very fast with this disclosure, which I had not seen or signed. I think they get the complaint a lot and are quick to argue its not a warranty item. I think its a product quality issue, and I'm trying to figure out what recourse I have. Please keep me posted

Mottling is a common result of plaster application. More now than it used to be.

It rarely corrects itself.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.