NEW STEREO RECEIVER GETTING TOO HOT AND SHUT DOWN, NEED HELP

Re: NEW STEREO RECEIVER GETTING TOO HOT AND SHUT DOWN, NEED

How loud are you playing your music? My amp gets pretty hot however it is in an enclosed area so I put a fan on top of it. We play our music pretty loud usually around half volume and you can hear our music from the front of the house. :cheers: :cheers:

Amp is set at about 60 on the volume control out of 100 and the volume controls tame the patio down so you can hear but still talk and the pool speakers are loud but not obnoxious.

I tried something new and it worked better. Still got warm but not hot. I hooked a speaker selector from outdoor speaker depot to the receiver and split the zones with that. I used the r and l channel from the speaker output and left the surround alone. It worked a lot better...

Thanks for all the ideas.

Reading your post made me feel like it was deja vu all over again. Just built a pool and installed an almost identical setup to yours. I was having the same issue, thinking that my receiver was overheating. In fact, it was the 100W volume control I was running my OSD rock speakers through. I know very little about electrical theory, but apparently that volume control couldn't handle the load I was pushing to the speakers. I replaced the one volume control with OSD's 300w control, and haven't looked back. I can now utilize the entire upper end of my receiver's volume, whenever I want. Before, the receiver would trip off when I cranked it up to about 75% of max.

My problem was one of the volume controls was switched incorrectly at time of install and it finally burned up. I bought a new one and before installing I double checked the switch location. Installed and haven't had any problems either.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.