New startup with pebble finish

HooStat

Aug 31, 2020
Calabasas, CA
We renovated an old pool (as part of a house renovation), and the plaster (black mini-pebble) is tomorrow (Sept 1). Is there any reason not to do a "traditional" startup instead of an acid startup? The builder doesn't care, and I will ask the plaster company. But honestly, I would prefer to do it the optimal way and it sounds like the acid startup adds risk without benefit.

We have a SWG and a DE filter and an intelliflo pump. It has been 10 years since I had a pool, so I have to get back up to speed on all of this. Any recommendations are appreciated.

Reactions: cowboycasey
Our pool builder put Jack's Magic "The Magenta Stuff" into our Pebblesheen pool after the fill was complete. It's a metal sequestering agent, to ensure any metals in the fill water don't cause staining.

In terms of startup and the water chemistry during plaster curing (1st 28 - 30 days), I compared my pool builder's requirements, to Pebbletec's requirements, to TFP's recommendations, and set my targets based on that comparison.

Reactions: kimkats
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.