New Southern pool

Dave31410

Bronze Supporter
Feb 27, 2018
Savannah, GA
We live in Savannah, GA, and just had a pool build competed this week. We have a salt chlorination system, but I am wondering if I should wait until Spring to add salt to the pool and turn on the chlorinator. Until then I would just use bleach and pH adjustments as needed.

You can add the salt now if you just want to get rid of the bags sitting in the garage. ;)

Or you can wait. "Machts nicht" as they say in German. Makes little difference. When you do get ready to add it only add about 3/4 of what PoolMath says to add, and then retest. You'll also need a salt test kit which you can obtain from tftestkits.net

The SWG won't work in the colder temps so good plan on using plain, unscented, not thickened, non-Cloraxamax type bleach. You may find your FC lasts quite a long time in cold water with the winter sun low in the sky.

I would add about 30ppm of CYA now though and then in the spring raise it up to SWG levels.

Maddie :flower:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.