New small pool in Sugar Land, TX

JasonLion - Those are for the scuppers, and they will go undergroud. Not sure why the valves, since I am supposed to be able to control everything from the switch panel (picture 2) for lights and scuppers.

Any ideas?

At this point we are just waiting for the glass tiles, a couple of weeks.

I was thinking to get the sprinkler system to start fixing my backyard. Is it worth it? or should I wait until the pool is done?...

Ah, that makes more sense now. They probably want to balance the flow rate on the scuppers so they look right when they are running. Once they get the flow rate balanced they will glue, or otherwise lock, the valve in place and bury them.

JasonLion - I asked Randy (PB) and he mentioned the valves won't be burried but they will have a tap on top, similar to the sprikler system taps I guess, so we could change the flow of the scuppers as we please.

We've had some progress in the last few weeks - after waiting for the glass tile to arrive. I will upload the pictures tonight. The tile crew already finished the coping (travertine torreon honed eased edge), waterline (Master tile Latina series) and the bench (travertine torreon honed tile). They are currently working on the glasstile. They are definitely taking their time to follow the manufacturers recommendations and materials. It is looking good!... although initially I almost choked because it looked too bright and blue - but it looks better with the grout now, either that or I got used to it ;-)

Pictures to come!...

Questiuon: Do I have to seal the travertine??

firstpoolforme said:
One more...

This is the one I like, lots of blues with plenty of iridescence ones. A few to many browns but due to the rest I could deal with it. The first two really didn't do anything for me. But then again, I like iridescence, blues, and greens. Our beach house pool has some great tile the better half picked out. It has a bunch of blues and one of my favorite greens. It looks like Caribbean surf and by flipping every other tile we got a great design out of it.

Looks like your yard work is down to a weed eater!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
One more picture...

Tomorrow we have the deck, Tuesday the tile crew should finish with the tile, soon after the pebblesheen... and... then all we'll need is LANDSCAPING!.. don't like the look of the fence right behind the raised wall at all... So I need to cover it somehow.
And then... celebrate! :cheers:

Attachments

• Tile almost complete for web.jpg
    Tile almost complete for web.jpg
    203.4 KB · Views: 218
:rant:
EXTREMELY frustrated with pool builder right now. They did the stamped concrete on Thursday, unfortunately I wasn’t here, and came home at night to find a SLOPPY job.
The design we chose was to complement the straight lines of the pool design. It turned out the contractor didn’t care much about the quality of the job as to just get it done. The expansion joints are neither parallel to the stamped concrete pattern nor the pool edges. So now I have randomly oriented lines in the middle of my deck. It looks really bad.
Even worse, Randy (pool builder) says he can’t really fix it unless we tear everything down and re-start :blah:

So now, everytime I come out to enjoy my pool I will be looking at this and start :rant: !!!!!!

Very unhappy right now.

Attachments

• Picture 002 for web.jpg
    Picture 002 for web.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 156
  • Picture 003 for web.jpg
    Picture 003 for web.jpg
    182.4 KB · Views: 156
  • Picture 005 for web.jpg
    Picture 005 for web.jpg
    169.1 KB · Views: 156
Unfortunately what it would take to fix that would probably end up screwing up more than they improve.
As irritating as this is for someone as conscientious as you, most anyone else will not notice it.
It is a shame that your P.B./concrete sub was not in tune with your expectations.
I know this will always bug you that it wasn't done like you would do, but, IMHO the probability of cracking the skimmer, damage to the coping, etc, is not worth the reward.
I just don't think there is an easy fix.
You still have an awesome pool!
John

rv4hess said:
Unfortunately what it would take to fix that would probably end up screwing up more than they improve.
As irritating as this is for someone as conscientious as you, most anyone else will not notice it.
It is a shame that your P.B./concrete sub was not in tune with your expectations.
I know this will always bug you that it wasn't done like you would do, but, IMHO the probability of cracking the skimmer, damage to the coping, etc, is not worth the reward.
I just don't think there is an easy fix.
You still have an awesome pool!
John

X2

My thoughts exactly - your pool will be lovely, and no one will notice it nearly as much as you. Not that you aren't the most important one to notice, since you're paying for it, living with it, etc, etc... but you get the drift.

I sympathize completely... I'm going through some of the same issues as you are. My entire deck heaved throughout the winter. They poured it in November. Most has come down, but not sure if it won't keep happening. They're in the midst of repairing, but quite like your PB, they don't seem to put too much pride into their work. My entire coping around the hot tub looked terrible. I ended up re-doing it because they didn't come back to do it in a timely manner. Good luck...

I'm in a position to be home just about every day they work on the pool. I seem to find something on a daily basis I want done differently. I wonder what everything would look like if I wasn't here.

Here is my unnecessary Triangle

Attachments

• IMG_7269 (Large).JPG
    IMG_7269 (Large).JPG
    66.6 KB · Views: 110

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.