New seasonal pool

shannen

Apr 12, 2023
NY
Hi all, so sorry if this seems like the most basic of questions, but my head is kind of spinning trying to read through this forum..

I'm going to buy a 12'x30" Intex seasonal pool and I don't want to kick myself in a month when I figure more things out through trial and error.

1. I plan on using salt water and think that means I'll need two pumps, correct? I should have a sand filter, correct?
2. I'm under the impression the filter pump they send won't be good enough. If anyone can share specifics of what I should get, that would be amazing. I think I've gathered 1500gph would be good and to avoid copper at all costs..
3. I will get a TFProSalt from tfTestKits, but I'm nervous this will be more difficult than I thought (getting the water right). It seems quite complicated after reading through the "initial read" help type articles.
4. The pool is pretty small, (I'm in NY) should I get the solar mats to help heat the water? I just don't want to keep going back and ordering more, paying more shipping etc. Or do we think the size will be easy enough to keep mid 70s in good weather?

Like I said, my head is swimming, feel free to drop some more info, tips and tricks if you want. I'll soak it up!

Reactions: shannen
Hey Shannon and Welcome !!!!

+1 with Marty. I can't believe I'm about to say this, but with 2000 gallons, salt probably isn't worth it. Fill water is cheap here and it will take you an hour or two to start over.

Reactions: shannen

Welcome to the forum!
With a small seasonal pool, it sometimes is more cost effective to manage the water chemistry with simple tests, then dump the water and start over when the pool gets cloudy. Up to you. read Guide for Seasonal/Temporary Pools
I suggest you read through Pool Care Basics - Trouble Free Pool and even look at a few of our videos TFP-TV - Trouble Free Pool
Alright thank you, I appreciate the input! I will read those again and take a look at the videos.

Reactions: Newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.