New sand filter problem

Thebybeebunch

May 9, 2020
Ft Mitchell Alabama
My husband just installed a new TWM 16” waterway sand filter. We have yet to use it as it was missing the trap assembly. (It’s on it’s way.) When I turn the dial to anything but closed water pours out of the backwash line. Any idea what’s it could be? Maybe he missed something on install? He is sometimes anti instructions. :sneaky:

My husband just installed a new TWM 16” waterway sand filter. We have yet to use it as it was missing the trap assembly. (It’s on it’s way.) When I turn the dial to anything but closed water pours out of the backwash line. Any idea what’s it could be? Maybe he missed something on install? He is sometimes anti instructions. :sneaky:
I'd love to know what you figured out on this. I have a TWM Waterway sand filter that was installed by the previous owner and I'm having major problems with leaking. Can't find anything about it when I Google. ?

I'd love to know what you figured out on this. I have a TWM Waterway sand filter that was installed by the previous owner and I'm having major problems with leaking. Can't find anything about it when I Google. ?
Ours was brand new out of the box. I guess it is fine. Its not leaking but anytime we turn pump off and change to another setting some water will come out of the backwash line. Once the dial is where we need it it stops. My husband says when we push the lever it opens everything up and since the backwash is not capped it runs out. Works as it should when in operation. You can call waterway and speak with them. They were helpful when I spoke with them about another issue.

Reactions: Desire5292
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.